- Information that we collect about you
We may collect personal data about you from different sources, including collecting personal data: (i) from you directly; (ii) when you visit the Site; and (iii) from other sources.
- Types of personal data we collect from you directly
We may collect personal data from you directly when you provide us with personal data so that you can register for prize draws or competitions, receive information or mailings, use Savers applications, complete a survey, make a comment or enquiry, contact our customer services or for a variety of other reasons. Please be assured that we will not collect any personal data unless you provide this information voluntarily.
The types of data we may collect from you directly include your:
- Email Address
- Postal Address
- Home telephone number or mobile number
- Types of personal data we collect when you visit the Site (cookies)
- information about the type of browser you use;
- details of the web pages you have viewed;
- your IP address;
- the hyperlinks you have clicked; and
- the websites you visited before arriving at our Site.
- Types of personal data we collect from other sources
We may receive personal data about you from other sources, which could include commercially available sources, such as public databases and data aggregators to the extent permitted by applicable Data Protection laws.
The types of data we may collect from such sources include your:
- street address;
- shopping habits;
- preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests; and
- publicly available information such as user-generated content, blogs and postings.
- How we use your personal data
Subject to your prior consent where required under applicable Data Protection laws, we may use your personal data:
- to provide the services;
- to respond to your queries or comments;
- for the purposes of promotion, prize draws or competitions that you have entered;
- to evaluate the use of our Site, products and services and understand your browsing and shopping habits;
- to carry out analytics and market research;
- to analyse the effectiveness of our advertisements.
We may supplement the personal data you provide to us with other information that we hold or that we may receive from third parties. We do this for marketing purposes to provide you with more targeted products and services.
- Processing your information
We may share your personal data with or pass it onto other companies within the ASW Group and third parties which directly support our promotional activities and Site administration. We may use third parties to help us process and analyse your personal data, to give us insights that we can use to improve our products and services, and to track the effectiveness of a particular promotion or campaign. Any such third parties are not authorised by us to use your personal data in any other way and will be required by us to implement measures to protect your personal data. Please note that we may need to disclose your personal data if we are required to do so by law, or by a warrant, subpoena or court order.
We will delete your personal data when there has been no activity on your account for 3 years.
- Where we transfer and process your information
We may need to transfer your personal data to a location outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including to countries that do not offer the same level of protection with respect to personal data as required in the EEA, on a need-to-know basis for analysis and administrative purposes. By subscribing to and using our services, you acknowledge and consent to these potential transfers. We will ensure that we will place obligations on the recipient of the data to provide an adequate level of protection to the standard as required in the EEA.
- Protecting your personal data
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal data you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
The Site may contain hyperlinks to other websites provided by third parties. We do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites. Once you have left our website, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement for the website you visit.
- Your rights and who to contact
- don’t want to be contacted in the future by us;
- would like a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- would like us to correct or update your personal data in our records;
You can send an email using the form on the Contact Us page or write to us at: Customer Services, Savers Health & Beauty, Unit 1 Prologis Park, Arenson Way, Dunstable, LU5 4RZ.
You can disable the cookies from your browser at any point in time and delete all cookies currently stored on your computer. On Microsoft Internet Explorer, this can be done by selecting “Tools/Internet Options” and reviewing your privacy settings or selecting “delete cookies”. This may, however, prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site. You can find out how to delete all cookies for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu, or by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org. To make full use of the personalised features on our Site, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised and essential features of the Site by using them.
- More information about cookies
- to track customer behaviour such as the pages visited on your way through the Site. This helps us to improve the Site and your browsing experience.
Our Site also uses some third-party tools such as Google Analytics and these third-parties may also place cookies via our Site.
Here is a full list of the cookies used on our site. Please note that:
- some cookies are set by our Site (‘first party cookies’) and some are set by others such as Google and Facebook (‘third party cookies’); and
- some cookies are removed from your computer when you close your browser. These are called ‘session cookies’. Others stat on your computer for longer, until they expire after a fixed time. These are called ‘persistent cookies’, and can be used to store information between your browsing sessions, such as your preferred settings on a website.
- List of cookies used on our Site
|Cookie||Originating Page||Description||Essential for Checkout?||Expiry|
|__utma||First GA-enabled page viewed||The unique ID for the Customer used to track repeat visits.||NO||2 years|
|__utmb||First GA-enabled page viewed||Used by ga.js to determine the Customer’s session information.||NO||30 minutes|
|__utmc||First GA-enabled page viewed||Used by ga.js to determine the Customer’s session information.||NO||Session|
|___utmv||First GA-enabled page viewed||Used only if custom variables are set to report on the particular data that it is configured to gather (e.g., a custom demographic).||NO||2 years|
|___utmx||First GA-enabled page viewed||Used only if Website Optimizer is installed and correctly configured. When the optimizer script executes, this cookie stores the variation this visitor is assigned to for each experiment, so the visitor has a consistent experience on the Client’s Site. See Website Optimizer Help Centre for more information.||NO||2 years|
|__utmz||First GA-enabled page viewed||Stores the referral information for the Customer; e.g., whether they found the page by a search engine result, direct link, ad, etc.||NO||6 Months|