If you are looking for a hair removal method you can do in the comfort of your own home, we’ve got some suggestions for you! From the ever-popular razor blade to hair removal cream, we’ll take you through some quick and easy hair removal methods that will give you results a beautician would be proud of!
The humble razor, love it or hate it, it’s one of the most popular hair removal methods for a reason! Not only is shaving quick, but it’s also pain-free (unless you get a little cut or nick), and convenient as you can do it in the shower or bath. Keep in mind that the hair is simply ‘cut’ at surface level, so you’ll find that regrowth will appear in a matter of days, but you can always repeat the process if you want to keep the hair growth at bay.
If this sounds like the method for you, here’s our top tips on how you can perfect your shave and get soft and silky skin in just one swipe of the razor:
Our shaving tips:
- Be sure to exfoliate before shaving, as this will help reduce the chances of pesky ingrown hairs.
- Use a nourishing shaving cream as this will limit friction and keep the skin soft and hydrated.
- Take care when shaving bonier areas like the ankles and knees.
- Use a hydrating moisturiser after you shave, to help prevent razor bumps.
- Replace your razor or razor head every 5-10 shaves to get a close shave each time.
Who needs to head to the beautician for a wax when you can get salon-worthy results at home?? After all, it’s a lot more convenient and kinder to the bank balance. So, whether you’re a serial waxer or new to the club, it’s important to remember that it’s not the most comfortable of tasks, as the process essentially ‘plucks’ the hair from the root. On the plus side, waxing will give you far longer lasting results than shaving, and with a good technique, you’ll be a pro in no time!
Our waxing tips:
- For smoother results, exfoliate the area prior to waxing.
- Ensure the area is completely dry or the wax will not stick.
- Hold the skin taut in one direction and swiftly pull the wax/wax strip off against the direction of hair growth.
Hair removal cream
Want smooth skin without the risk of cuts or pain? Hair removal cream could be the method you’ve been searching for. Also known as depilatory creams, hair removal cream contains a chemical that breaks down the protein bonds in the hair and essentially dissolves it away; no blade or strips needed! This method removes hair from just below surface level, so it will grow back slower than if you were to shave but faster than waxing!
To use removal cream, apply it to your chosen area, wait for the recommended time, scrape it off and then rinse off thoroughly! And just like that, you’ll have beautifully smooth skin with minimum fuss.
Our hair removal cream tips:
- Before using the cream, conduct a patch test to see if you are sensitive to the ingredients.
- Always read the instructions and never go over the maximum recommended time as hair removal creams can cause harmful burns or reactions if used incorrectly.
- After use, rinse the cream off thoroughly and then pat dry to ensure there is no cream leftover that could irritate the skin.
Smooth and silky skin, coming right up!
Shop hair removal methods in-store and online at Savers