When the nights start getting lighter and your diary starts filling up, it can only mean one thing; summer is here! And when this glorious time of year rolls around, it’s only right that we want to look and feel our best. To ensure that you’re more than ready for a summer of fun, check out our summer beauty guide featuring everything from at-home pedicures to tanning tips. Skip to:
Summer care starts with SPF
As well as being an all-year-round skincare staple, SPF is a definite essential for summer. Having an assortment of suncreams and lotions to choose from daily will help protect your skin from harmful UV rays and help to prevent burns, premature ageing, and inflammation.
Our top SPF tips
- Wear a daily suncream with an SPF of 30 or higher to ensure that you’re fully protected.
- Don’t take a day off from SPF when it’s cloudy, as the UV rays can still penetrate the clouds and cause damage to the skin.
- Reapply your suncream every two hours at a minimum. This will need to be done more frequently if you’re hopping in and out of the pool.
- Don’t forget about your lips. Regularly apply a hydrating lip balm formulated with SPF to avoid any burns.
- Stock up on aftersun, just in case you need to treat any minor sunburn and redness.
Pedi at the ready!
With the weather hotting up, it’s time to ditch the cosy socks and boots in favour of your summer shoe selection. But, before you slide your feet into your flip flops, chances are your feet need a bit of TLC! Follow our top tips to get your feet soft and smooth without taking a trip to the spa.
Our top footcare tips
- Start off with a chemical foot peel or foot file to remove any dead skin and calluses from your feet.
- Follow up with a moisturiser specifically formulated for your feet to bring back moisture and softness.
- Cut and file your toenails, and put on some of your favourite nail polish and a clear top coat for flip-flop ready feet!
Don’t forget to exfoliate
Just like our feet, the rest of the skin on our body can go a bit unloved during the colder months, leaving our bodies with dry patches and ingrown hairs. But do not fear, that’s nothing a bit of exfoliation and hydration can’t fix. With a range of exfoliation products at Savers, including body scrubs, dry brushes and puffs, you can buff and polish your way to glowing skin.
Discover our in-depth guide to exfoliation to learn how to properly exfoliate your face and body.
If you’re planning to remove body hair this summer, exfoliation is also a crucial step before you begin. It will help you get a closer shave and prevent those pesky ingrown hairs from developing.
We all want bronzed and beautiful skin this summer but given the UV damage we get from the sun, a faux glow is the way to go! Using a fake tan can help you to feel radiant and confident in the warmer months without needing to step foot in the sun.
Our top self-tanning tips
- Exfoliate prior to applying fake tan as this will help reduce patchiness and uneven tan application.
- Choose a gradual tan that develops over time if you’re after a natural glow.
- For a deeper tan, opt for a developing tan that requires washing off after. Don’t forget to apply with a tanning mitt!
- If you need a glow on-the-go, choose an instant tan that develops quickly without requiring you to wash it off.
- To tan your face, go for a tanning product that is specifically formulated for the skin on your face.
- Regularly moisturise to ensure that your faux glow lasts as long as possible before reapplying.
Check out our blog on more tanning tips and tricks to achieve the safest summer glow.
Shop summer skincare in store and online at Savers.