Our hands go through a lot in a single day, whether it’s scrubbing the endless pile of dishes or applying harsh hand sanitisers, many things can take their toll and can leave your hands looking and feeling, well… rough! But do not fear, we’re here to give you our top tips on how to get softer hands and fast.
Causes of dry hands
In short, a lot of things! The skin on the top of our hands is very thin and contains fewer sebaceous glands, which can cause them to dry out much quicker. But regular exposure to water, heat, harsh soaps, detergents, and cold environments are some of the main causes of dry, rough, and chapped hands.
How to make hands soft
The key to restoring your hands to their former, softer glory is to moisturise daily using a hydrating hand cream. With the range of hydrating hand creams at Savers, you’ll have soft hands in no time!
Benefits of hand cream
- It’s packed with nourishing ingredients that work to relieve dry, cracked hands, helping to make them soft and smooth.
- It helps create a protective layer over the skin, protecting you from the elements. Some are even enriched with SPF.
- You can give yourself a relaxing hand massage at the end of the long day – no spa needed!
- Some hand creams have added anti-ageing ingredients, which help delay the hands’ wrinkling.
- The benefits of hand cream do not end there! It can also help to nourish your cuticles and strengthen your nails.
Which hand cream should you use?
Pick a hand cream that is packed full of skin-loving ingredients. For example, Vitamin E and shea butter are great for added hydration and contains antioxidants and AHA’s to help combat the signs of ageing.
During the day, use a hand cream with an SPF (just like you would with the rest of your body) and with a lighter texture, so you can re-apply throughout the day without waiting too long for the cream to sink in.
At night, opt for a thick, rich, and hydrating formula. For even smoother hands, try putting on a pair of soft gloves over a layer of hand cream and leaving for 15-20 minutes. This will prevent the cream from being wiped off and gives it a good opportunity to thoroughly repair and restore your hands. Your hands will be left feeling super soft and healthy!
Keep those hands soft!
Shop hand creams at Savers